Golden Rams Athletics Eligibility
Academic and athletic eligibility are reviewed by the Athletic Director in accordance with the following NJCAA eligibility regulations:
- Students are allowed two seasons of participation in any given sport at any intercollegiate level.
- Student-athletes must make satisfactory academic progress.
- Student-athletes must be enrolled in full-time (12 or more credits) status within 15 days of term start, and maintain full-time status during each semester of participation. Student-athletes who fall below 12 credits by dropping or withdrawing become immediately ineligible for athletic participation.
- Student-athletes must pass a physical examination administered by a qualified health care professional prior to and within 12 months of the first practice.
- Prior to the 15th day of the second full-time semester a student-athlete must pass at least 12 credits with a minimum 1.75 GPA.
- Prior to the 15th day of the the third full-time semester and all subsequent semesters thereafter, a student-athlete must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Pass at least 12 credits with a minimum 2.00 GPA during the previous semester of full-time enrollment; or
- Pass an accumulation of credits equal to 12 multiplied by the number of full-time semesters previously enrolled with a minimum 2.00 GPA; or
- A first season student-athlete must pass at least 24 credits with a minimum 2.00 GPA; or
- A first or second season student-athlete must pass at least 36 credits with a minimum 2.00 GPA for a fall sport or 48 credits with a minimum 2.00 GPA for a spring sport.
- Prior to a second season of participation, a student-athlete must pass at least 24 credits with a minimum 2.00 GPA.