After You've Applied
If you are accepted into the nursing program, you will receive a very important letter regarding your orientation. It is critical that you read this letter or risk forfeiting your spot in the program.
The items listed are required to be turned in by June 15, 2013 to the nursing program data manager. The Math test out will be available after the Nursing program orientation which is typically held two months prior to start date. These criteria are not needed prior to applying.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Students should begin working on this prior to being accepted ARCC CNA Course
- Provide proof of current registry through the Minnesota State Board of Nursing
- If you cannot find your card, you may request a letter from the Minnesota Department of Health indicating current status and expiration date by calling 651-215-8705 and following the prompts.
- You may fax this to the Nursing Program Data Manager at 763-433-1688. This is only required for students in the Two-Year Nursing Program and is not required for LPN Mobility student
- Professional CPR Certification
- Must be BLS for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association
- Nursing Math - Two options available:
- Test out for Nursing Program Requirement with a score of 90% (must be taken before first semester of the program; this can be set up by appointment in the testing center or taken after the Nursing Student Orientation)
- Complete the course, MATH 0110, with a letter grade of "A" (must be completed by the end of the first semester of the nursing program).
- Anoka-Ramsey Health Form
- Includes making sure immunization records are current and all documentation is turned into the Nursing Data Manager along with the completed Health Form.
- Criminal background check
- Students may complete the background check as soon as they are admitted.