|Anoka-Ramsey Community Colleges is a partner in a DOL TAACCCT grant with eight other colleges from across the country. Our collaborative focus is on creating very specific targeted Healthcare Career Pathways for underemployed, unemployed, low-income and low-skill workers. Anoka-Ramsey Community College has a variety of resources available to help students succeed including: Developmental Education course offerings, Peer Tutoring, and Adult Basic Education options to facilitate both the entrance and successful completion of healthcare programs.
313 H2P Newsletter
413 NN2 newsletter
513 H2P Newsletter
913 H2P Newsletter
As a partner, we are committed to responding to the educational needs of the healthcare community by providing an opportunity for individuals to develop and enhance their knowledge, skills, and values in a supportive learning environment.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College along with eight other H2P community and technical colleges throughout the nation continuously assess student and employment outcomes by using information to improve the quality of health professions pathways.
1) Provide trade-impacted and unemployed workers, and incumbent health profession workers with adequate preparation, support and opportunities to complete postsecondary training in health professions that provide credentials aligned with job advancement; Job Search Workshops Flyer
2) Expand and enhance the healthcare workforce with the competencies needed by industry, including developing a healthcare core curriculum;
3) Develop career pathways that improve retention and achievement rates to reduce time to completion;
4) Build the capacity of community colleges to continuously assess student and employment outcomes and use this information to improve the quality of health professions pathways;
5) Implement cutting-edge, innovative technology tools and resource systems (Job Search Workshops Flyer)
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Eligible - laid off due to product or service sent to another country
- Veterans - Provide a copy of your DD214 (no dishonorable discharge) Veterans Flyer
- Dislocated Workers - Lay off letter or verfication of unemployment insurance
- Low Income Students - Pell grant recipient noted on Financial Aid Letter or income guidelines (200% above poverty)
- Low Skilled Students - Students testing into a developmental education course or enrolled in a pre-college level course are advised to meet with an advisor to learn about course offerings and skill building opportunities
- Not sure if you are eligible...answer these questions and follow the directions.
You've shown an interest in one of the following Healthcare career options:
Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nursing to Associate Degree, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Associate Degree in Nursing, Trained Medication Aide or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries with the most in-demand occupations. For more information on healthcare careers, and job placement opportunities visit www.vcn-h2p.org. The VCN serves as a comprehensive tool for career exploration in healthcare. There are other interest assessments that you may find helpful as you determine which healthcare career best fits your interest:
Skills Assessment: http://www.iseek.org/careers/skillsassessment
Interest Assessment: http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/sPages/interestAssessment.cfm
Would you like to earn a certificate or degree that leads to job advancement? ___ Yes, ___ No, ___ Maybe
- Are you permanently laid off due to no fault of your own? (dislocated worker)
If so, Anoka County Job Training Center provides funding resources, resume development assistance, career counseling, interest assessments, referrals to support services and other programs.
- Do you need to take the Accuplacer?
Anoka-Ramsey provides Accuplacer preparation classes to help you improve your skills
- Do you need to take a basic Math or English class to brush up on your skills?
Adult Basic Education (ABE) provides skill building courses to prepare you for the TEAS V or the HOBET V Tests that are free. If your Accuplacer Score is below 28, please become involved with ABE. If you tested above 28 on the Accuplacer, please register for our developmental education sequence of classes.
- Do you want to hear more about the health career options listed above?
Call 763-433-1468 for more information.
“This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.”