2010 - 2014 Strategic Plan
Designs for Distinction
Strategic Objective I
Excel at teaching, learning and learner development to improve learner success.
- Demonstrate superior learner retention and success.
- Base decisions, plans and improvements on research, assessment, and data.
- Advance applications and build capacity for using technology to enhance learning and learner support.
- Utilize best practices both in and out of the classroom.
- Reported Measurement: Persistence and completion rate for underrepresented students.
Strategic Objective II
Be the college of choice.
- Create a vibrant quality of life and welcoming environment for learners, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity.
- Systematically evaluate and improve employee engagement, satisfaction, and performance.
- Systematically evaluate and improve learner engagement, satisfaction, and success.
- Reported Measurement: Efforts to improve programs, services and learning outcomes.
Strategic Objective III
Provide programs and learning opportunities responsive to the needs to the community, employers,and the State.
- Excel in liberal arts.
- Increase distinctiveness for niche and high demand programs: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Nursing, BMED, and Environmental Science.
- Respond to need for and excel in workforce retraining and career planning.
- Excel in contintinuing education and customized training programs.
- Increase the number of flexible learning delivery options.
- Increase access to four-year degree programs.
- Reported Measurement: The percentage of students enrolled in college-level STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) courses.
- Reported Measurement: The percentage of system credits provided through online and blended courses.
Strategic Objective IV
Cultivate relationships and partnerships that advance lifelong learning, quality of life and the college.
- Strengthen P-12 partnerships and efforts to improve learner retention and success.
- Partner with the cities of Cambridge and Coon Rapids on facilities to improve community and college life, including parking, meeting space, health and wellness, athletics, art, signage, and use of river space.
- Expand advancement activities that establish and grow relationships between the college and its communities.
- Practice environmental strategies in our facilities and operations.
- Reported Measurement: Efforts to address the needs of dislocated workers as appropriate to the college's mission.