Considerations for Not Canceling Low Enrollment Courses (15 students or less)
Click here for PDF copy.
Considerations for not cancelling courses with enrollment 15 students or less are as follows:
• Alternative funding source (concurrent)
• Combined offering
• Start-up initiative (new program)
• Core program requirement (required for degree)
• Fill full-time faculty load
• Late-Start offering - numbers likely to increase
• Part of an outreach effort (cancel if less than an average of 12)
• Course aligns with scheduling priorities
• Specialty or advanced course taught in alternate years
• Adequate number for a meaningful experience
• Part of a commitment to cohort
Guidelines should be utilized for assistance with complying with Anoka-Ramsey Policies and Procedures and do not provide exclusive representation of Anoka-Ramsey Administrative and Managerial authority.
Anoka-Ramsey Administration maintains inherent managerial right according to Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF) Article 6, Section 1.
June 16, 2009