"It's imperative that the public provide input in these search conferences, so please consider this a personal invitation," says Anoka-Ramsey Community College President, Dr. Patrick M. Johns. "We want to hear from as many people as possible-faculty, staff, employers, civic leaders, and community members-this is your college."
Search Conference participants are encouraged to discuss where the college should focus its priorities and allocate resources during the next five years and beyond to address the needs of the students it serves.
Prior to attending one of the search conferences, participants are encouraged to consider:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College's most significant strengths and which ones it should build?
- Anything Anoka-Ramsey could do or should do differently, in your opinion, that would help it achieve its mission and serve the community even more effectively?
- What needs and trends you see in the community and wider environment that may provide clues to how the college should be directing its efforts over the next three to five years
Additional Search Conferences are scheduled for:
- Coon Rapids Campus: Monday, Dec. 15, 3 to 5 p.m. (Riverview Room)
- Cambridge Campus: Wednesday, Dec.17, 4 to 6 p.m. (Rm. G201)
Search conferences are attended by key college administrators, key college President's Unit staff and college Steering Committee members. Further, invitations were mailed to about 900 community leaders, including donors, business leaders, members of advisory committees, government leaders at many levels, foundation boards and college alumni.
Under Watts' leadership, Anoka-Ramsey will continue with the strategic planning process, include one-on-one interviews, focus sessions, President's Council sessions; and sessions with key external groups such as CAC and campus foundations, through April. During that time, the college's Strategic Planning Steering Committee will also gather demographic data, best practices information, economic information and other intelligence. After all groups are consulted and the Steering Committee drafts a plan, Watts will conduct meetings with all of the constituent groups to get their reactions to the draft plan. The goal is to offer people multiple opportunities to provide input and then validate the composite of all the strategic intelligence.
For more information on the search conference or Anoka-Ramsey Community College's strategic planning effort, contact the college's Director of Institutional Advancement, Evelyn Gedde at 763-712-4479. To RSVP for one of the search conferences, please call 763-433-1189.