Coffee House Series Rocks College Each Month, October Through April
|October 03, 2008|
|The Anoka-Ramsey Community College Coffee House Entertainment series is back! Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 8, national entertainers will perform one Wednesday a month through April in the Coon Rapids Campus Cafeteria from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for students and the public alike. The kick-off concert Oct. 8 showcases Rachel Loy, who according to the promoter, "sings heart-rendering ballads with an aching vulnerability, and she drives her electric bass like it's a pack of pit bulls."|
||Singer and electric bassist, Rachel Loy is the opening entertainer for Anoka-Ramsey Community College Coffee House Entertainment series Oct. 8. The series continues the second Wednesday of each month through April and provides a great excuse to enjoy the beautiful Coon Rapids Campus, have lunch and listen to unique artists. |
Future Coffee House Entertainment Dates
- Wednesday, Nov. 12: Joe Dretsch with "powerful, genuine, and earnest lyrics and captivating style of music."
- Wednesday, Dec. 10: Fast Horse, a Native American family who performs poetry, humor, magic, juggling and storytelling.
- Wednesday, Feb. 11: Gregory Douglass whose "contemporary folk, pop and rock has been compared to Jeff Buckley, Tori Amos and Patty Griffin."
- Wednesday, March 11: Brazz Tree: a New York City-based violin/guitar duo offering their own brand of "New World Acoustic Rock."
- Wednesday, April 8: Drew Holcomb with a "mid-stream, fast honing voice that seeks to match his influences, generation-defining songwriters such as Cash, Dylan and Springsteen."
For more information on each artist, visit the promoter's Web site, www.houseofwally.com.
No advance reservations are needed to attend any of Anoka-Ramsey Community College's Coffee House Entertainment events. For more information, call 763-433-1100 or visit www.AnokaRamsey.edu.