"We have a lot of very talented student actors in this production," the play's director and ARCC theater faculty member, Jack Bibee says. "And it is a special opportunity to be performing in a Shakespeare play."
"Macbeth" Cast List of Anoka-Ramsey Community College Students
- Witch 1/Nun: Rebecca Betterman, graduate of Coon Rapids High School
- Witch 2: Rhian Auen, graduate of Rivers Christian Academy
- Witch 3: Lateasha Rizk, PSEO Rogers High School
- Duncan/First Murderer: Andy Borne, graduate of Hopkins High School
- Malcolm: Ryan Anderson, graduate of Anoka High School
- Donalbain: Martin Bloch
- Sergeant/D.R.: Chris Pacholl, graduate of Andover High School
- Macduff/Second Murderer: Matt Gilbertson
- Lennox: Adam Coffland, graduate of Spring Lake Park High School
- Ross: Gavin Oates, graduate of Anoka High School
- Priest: Will Mevissen
- Macbeth: Mark Palmer, graduate of Champlin Park High School
- Banquo: Thomas Raddatz
- Lady Macbeth: Mary Jane Olson, graduate of Anoka High School
- Seyton: Brett Hedberg, graduate of Spring Lake Park High School
- Lady Macduff/Fleance: Holli Richgels, graduate of Andover High School
- Servant to Lady Macbeth: Sarah Fergus
- Servant to Macbeth: Mellisa Calva
(High Schools listed as available)
"'Macbeth' is one of Shakespeare's most poplar and shocking, yet thoughtful plays," says Bibee. "It explores similar material--murder, guilt and madness-as do his other tragedies."
"Macbeth," along with "Lear," "Othello" and "Hamlet," is often referred to as one of Shakespeare's four principle tragedies. Many critics cite "Macbeth" as Shakespeare's darkest tragedy. The plot centers on Macbeth's bloody rise to power, which includes murder and guilt. The guilt generates more evil deeds. Like her husband, Lady Macbeth pursues power, but her chase leads her into madness, while Macbeth's ultimately leaves him alone, a victim of his ambition.
Reserve your seat and purchase your tickets today at the Coon Rapids Campus Bookstore. Tickets are $8. For more information call 763-433-1250.