College continues to offer great value after recent 3.7 percent rise in tuition and fees.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) has established a 3.7 percent increase in tuition and fees for the 2005-2006 year, thereby maintaining its status as the lowest costing public college or university in Minnesota.
ARCC’s annual tuition and fees will be $3,582 for Minnesota residents taking 30 semester credits in 2005-2006. The total increase over last year’s tuition and fees comes to $126 for a full-time student.
In comparison, within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system, the average increase in tuition and fees is 5.8%, and the average annual tuition and fees for Minnesota residents in 2005-2006 is $4,254. Full-time students at Minnesota’s four-year residents will pay an average of $5,252 in tuition and fees, an average increase of 6.3 percent.
“Everybody works very hard at keeping costs down for students,” says Mike Seymour, ARCC Vice President for Administration. “Our faculty and staff are very good at what they do, which is reflected in the quality of our instruction and services,” Seymour says. “We’re also fortunate to be in a high growth service area where enrollments continue to be strong.”
Even with its low cost ARCC continues to offer a high-quality education to its students. Among its programs:
- Two-year degrees, including Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, and Associate of Fine Arts.
- Easy transfer to many four-year college degree programs in Minnesota and surrounding states.
- Great career programs in nursing, business, computer science, computer networking and telecommunications, biomedical technology, geographic information systems, physical therapist assistant, pre-engineering and more.
- One-year certificate programs in several specialties to provide opportunities for job advancement and new career options.
- A wide variety of on- and off-site continuing education and customized training programs for working professionals.
ARCC students agree that the college offers something special.
“Anoka Ramsey is a great community college at balancing affordability and great value while also giving top priorities to great student life programs as well as top notch education, says current ARCC student Patrick Christner, who also serves as ARCC Student Senate President. “The College administration and all of our friendly and accessible faculty and staff keep students the number one focus at the college.”