Business, Industry & Technology
The Associate of Science (AS) in Business, Industry and Technology degree program is designed to provide students with a pathway from a technical preparation high school program, technical college vocational program, competency-based education or career coursework program to the completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration at Metropolitan State University. This degree blends general education with a focus upon career advancement in business, industry and/or technology. For
assistance in program planning, or to explore additional transfer options, students should schedule a time to meet with an academic advisor. This degree may transfer in part or in its entirety to baccalaureate institutions. Students should meet with a representative of the transfer institution when planning their program.
Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Competently execute academic learning skills and demonstrate the interpersonal skills necessary for success in a four year degree program of study.
- Integrate technical knowledge and/or vocational skills in a manner that is flexible, demonstrating critical thinking and transferability of competencies within various circumstances.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Satisfy residency requirements.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
Complete the following courses: BUS 1104 Written Business Communication 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4
Complete up to 20 credits of Anoka-Ramsey coursework with the course prefixes from the following career programs:
- (BIOL) Biological or Environmental Sciences
- (BMED) Biomedical Technologies
- (BUS) Business
- (CNET) Computer Networking
- (CSCI) Computer Science
- (HPER) Fitness
- (GEOG) Geography
- (IHH) Integrative Health & Healing
- (NURS) Nursing
- (PTAC) Physical Therapy Assistant
Transfer up to 20 college-level credits from a technical college, Tech/Prep High School program, Credit for Prior Learning program or other degree granting-institution relating to one or more of the following career clusters:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Business, Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Marketing, Sales and Service
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Complete at least 30 general education credits from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including the required courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the ten goal areas. One course may
satisfy more than one goal area, but the course credits may be counted only once.
1. Communications ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 2. Critical Thinking 3. Natural Science 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1114* 4 MATH 1200* 3 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences ECON 2205 3 ECON 2206 3 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager