B.S. in Nursing - Bemidji State University
The RN to baccalaureate program — designed exclusively for ADN and diploma RNs — is a CCNE Accredited program that has a more than 30-year history at Bemidji State University and an 80% graduation rate.
The faculty-student relationship is one of collaboration among colleagues and the program is structured to focus on adult learner needs:
- Prior experience and knowledge are acknowledged, valued, and expanded upon; thus students learn from each other as well as the professors
- Students have a high degree of freedom to make choices and design learning experiences to fit their individual needs and interests
- Designed for working professionals with a blended format (combination of on campus and online courses) to accommodate busy nurses who have jobs and families and who may commute long distances: Full-time and part-time options
- Clinical experiences are arranged in a variety of sites as close to the student's home as possible.
Admission is a two-step process.
Step 1: Apply and be admitted to Bemidji State University as an undergraduate transfer student. Start here: bemidjistate.edu/admissions/apply/
Step 2: Apply to the BSU Nursing department and meet all admissions criteria as posted on the web site here: bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/nursing/apply/rntobs/
Contact Transfer Advisor Chelsey Crotty with any questions prior to applying. Call 218-755-2602 or email Chelsey.Crotty@bemidjistate.edu.
This is a mostly-online, blended program that meets three times per semester on the ARCC Coon Rapids and Cambridge campuses in two separate learning communities. About half of the courses are completely online. The other half require three meeting dates at Coon Rapids or Cambridge, and are decided well in advance for ease in scheduling.
Other meeting locations include Duluth (mostly online), White Bear Lake (mostly online), Bemidji (blended), and East Grand Forks (mostly online).
More information can be found here: bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/nursing/programs/rn-to-bs-track/
The RN to BS in Nursing degree program prepares students for all registered nursing positions, nursing leadership, public health nursing, licensed school nurse and for teaching in a licensed practical nursing program.
Possible Career Paths:
- Registered Nursing
- Nursing Leadership
- Public Health Nursing
- Licensed School Nursing
- Teaching Licensed Practical Nursing Programs