Human Resources Associate
This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level careers in the field of human resource management while simultaneously priming students for success as they continue their education at a baccalaureate institution. This degree offers an introduction to HR theory and concepts along with practical skills necessary to enhance professional performance within HR management roles. Students will experience an application-oriented, real-world focused education through a degree program that provides both a strong foundational business core along with a general education curriculum designed to support student academic and professional success. For assistance in program planning, or to explore additional transfer options, students should schedule a time to meet with an academic advisor. This degree may transfer in part or in its entirety to baccalaureate institutions. Students should meet with a representative of the transfer institution when planning their program.
Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Realize the role that the department of human resources plays within the business environment.
- Incorporate appropriate human relations concepts and applications in situations requiring decision making.
- Differentiate among interrelationships amid human resources activities and programs across functional areas.
- Apply human resources employment law and regulations utilizing appropriate judgment to the circumstances.
- Facilitate project completion through the operation of human resources industry-related technology systems.
- Function effectively in a diverse, global business community.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Satisfy residency requirements. See page 27 of the Anoka-Ramsey Academic Catalog.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all Program and General Education/MnTC requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
BUS 1112 Computer Concepts & Applications 3 BUS 1135* Payroll Accounting 2 BUS 2010 Introduction to Human Resources 3 BUS 2015 Benefits and Compensation 3 BUS 2020 Employee Training and Development 3 BUS 2025 Labor Relations 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4 BUS 2230 Human Resources Information Systems 2 BUS 2217 Employment Law for Business 3 BUS 2244 Principles of Management 4
Complete at least 30 general education credits from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including the required courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the ten goal areas. One course may satisfy more than one goal area, but the course credits may be counted only once.
1. Communication ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 2. Critical Thinking 3. Natural Science (one course with lab required) 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1114* 4 MATH 1200* 3 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences ECON 2205 3 ECON 2206 3 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
Metropolitan State University
B.S. Degree Program - Business Administration
Transfer Guide for selected course requirements
Metro State Foundation Courses Anoka-Ramsey MATH 115 College Algebra I MATH 1200 STAT 202 Statistics I MATH 1114 ACCT 210 Financial Accounting BUS 2125 ECON 201 Macroeconomics ECON 2205 ECON 202 Microeconomics ECON 2206 MIS 100 Fund. of IT in Organizations BUS 1112 Metro State Business Core Courses Anoka-Ramsey MGMT 310 Management Principles and Practices BUS 2244
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager