This program is designed for possible employment at the associate-degree level. For assistance in program planning, or to explore additional transfer options, students should schedule a time to meet with an academic advisor. This degree may transfer in part or in its entirety to baccalaureate institutions. Students should meet with a representative of the transfer institution when planning their program.
Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Prepare journal entries and financial statements.
Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
Appropriately use technology to solve business problems.
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
BUS 1104 Written Business Communication 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4 BUS 2126* Managerial Accounting 4 BUS 2142 Principles of Marketing 4 BUS 2244 Principles of Management ECON 2206 Principles of Microeconomics 3 MATH 1114* Introduction to Statistics 4
Complete at least 31 credits in courses from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including all courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the ten goal areas. One course may satisfy more than one goal area, but the course credits may be counted only once. Underlined courses are required to meet Metropolitan State University transfer requirements.
1. Communication ENGL 1120 OR ENGL 1121* 4 CMST 1110 OR CMST 2220 3 2. Critical Thinking 3. Natural Science 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1200* 3 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences A. ECON 2205 3 B. Also select 1 course in HIST/POLS/ANTH/PSYC/SOC PSYC 1110 recommended 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Satisfy residency requirements.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements
- All accounting and computing courses should be completed within seven years.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Compensation General Auditor
- Financial Aid Director
- Financial Investment Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- Management Specialist
- Personal Financial Planner
- Procedures Specialist