Clinical Research Professional
The Clinical Research Professional Certificate program is designed for students with a degree in nursing, pharmacology, or biological sciences who desire to move into clinical research positions in biomedical or other health-related companies. Graduates will work in research monitoring, clinical research coordination, clinical data management, and regulatory affairs. Classes include specific biomedical coursework, as well as statistics, pharmacology, and a field experience with a biomedical company. Students who have earned a Clinical Research Professional Certificate, and have one year clinical experience, are eligible to take the Certified Clinical Research Professional Exam through the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA).
College-level competence in English, writing, mathematics, and computer competency should be acquired before entering the BMED programs. All BMED Program requirements are offered at the Coon Rapids Campus.
Admission to the Clinical Research Professional Certificate Program requires approval of the Program Director and admission to ARCC. In addition, students must hold a completed RN (AS, AD, BSN) degree or a baccalaureate degree in pharmacology, biology or a related field. Please request official college transcripts to be sent to the Office of Records and Registration prior to meeting with the Program Director.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Explain the steps in the research process.
- Describe the process for data collection and documentation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of applicable regulations for conducting clinical trials in the US and other countries.
- Describe the elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Clinical Practices (cGCP).
- Understand and demonstrate components of clinical research protocol.
BMED 1100 Introduction to Biomedical Devices and Industry 2 BMED 2100 Design and Manufacturing in the Medical Device Industry 3 BMED 2200 Introduction to Medical Device Regulations and Ethics 3 BMED 2400* Introduction to Clinical Research 3 Select a minimum of 3 credits from the following: BMED 2520** Technical Writing for Regulated Industries 3 CAOR 2297^ Career Internship & Field Experience 3
BIOL 1102 Medical Terminology 2 MATH 1114* Introduction to Statistics 4
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is required in program and additional requirements to complete this certificate.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all requirements.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- All program requirements must be completed through Anoka-Ramsey Community College.
- All course requirements must be completed before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening.
Fall Semester Spring Semester BMED 1100 2 BIOL 1102 2 MATH 1114 4 BMED 2400 3 BMED 2100 3 BMED 2520*
3 BMED 2200 3 TOTAL 12 TOTAL 8
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Applications Engineering Technician
- Biomedical Engineering Technician
- Biomedical Equipment Specialist
- Calibration Technician
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Specialist
- Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Manufacturing Technician
- Medical Device Lab Technician
- Medical Equipment Repairer
- Production Technician
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Inspector
- Quality Technician
For more information about our program graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit the Gainful Employment Disclosure Report.
Program Requirements 14 Additional Requirements 6 Total 20
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.